Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Rimmel Apocalips review

Here is a quick product review on Rimmel's Apocalips! Hope it's helpful :)
 
After reading so many positive reviews on these products I had to try them out for myself!
 
The 'Apocalips' are available in 8 different colours, ranging from a subtle nude to a show stopping red!
This is great as there is bound to be one to compliment everyone.
 
When I went to purchase these my choice of colours was unfortunately limited as the product was out stock in over half of the different shades. In the end I settled for Nova - a fairly bright but not over the top bright pink and Big Bang - a gorgeous red.
 
 
I was impressed with the colours of both of these products, I quite often find lip glosses which claim to be coloured actually come out rather clear and transparent. But ohh no, not the Apocalips, this product doesn't lie!! It does what it is supposed to do and the colour is fab! 
 
 
 
The applicator is a great shape and you only need one dip in the tube to evenly cover your lips. This is a bonus as it hopefully means that the product will last longer.
 
After application the product has a glossy finish, I found that after a while the product did dry a little and look 'less glossy'. I also found that the pink (Nova) faded after a an hour whereas the red (Big Bang) stayed put for much longer.
 
All in all I think this is a great product. I love the packaging and range of colours! At £5.99 and 3 for 2 at Boots (quick get them soon!) I will definitely be buying more!
 
'Big Bang' (sorry for the pictures poor quality!)
 
Amber
xoxo


8 comments:

  1. I love mine to bits, i have big bang, Not sure whether to get celestial too. I really am loving mine atm!

    Pipp
    http://pippjones281190.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want celestial! They were out of stock when I last went to boots though :(

      Amber xoxo

      Delete
  2. Wow, firstly you are gorgeous! :O
    And secondly I cannot wait to try the Apocalips out! Roll on payday so I can buy myself Big Bang, the colour looks amazing!

    Love Chlo xx
    chloechiddle.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) You should definitely invest in one!!

      Amber xoxo

      Delete
  3. Really really want to try the rimmel apocalips!

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. really want to give this a go! looks lovely on you :)

    great blog - I have followed and would love it if you could check mine out?

    www.sunbeamsanddaisydreams.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      I'll check out your blog now!

      Amber xoxo

      Delete