Saturday, January 26, 2013

2013


Every year millions of people make new years resolutions; lose weight, exercise more, spend more time with my family, revise for exams, be more organised....and that's just to name a few of the popular ones!
As I am currently not in education (i finished my A levels last year), have a job that I enjoy - I work part time as a nanny for a family with 3 adorable little girls and have a close relationship with my family and friends I struggled to come up with big resolutions for 2013.
However, I have managed to compile a list of little things which I aim to stick to for as long as possible!
Here is a list of my resolutions:
  • Drink more: It may sound silly but I often forget to have a drink throughout the day. I never seem to feel thirsty and so often go the whole day drinking barely anything. Therefore I have decided to set myself a target of at least 6 glasses of water or squash a day. Hopefully by doing this I will feel healthier and more awake throughout the day.
  • Be organised: I am already a fairly organised person, however, with university interviews and test days, changing work days and other various things I have decided to be extra specially super organised this year! I have already got myself a calender, 2013 diary/planner and a to do list note book - so far so good!
  • Take better care of my skin: I am lucky to have naturally clear skin and I rarely get spots, I have been using this as an excuse to do the bare minimal when it comes to skin care. I now have bought myself a daytime and nighttime moisturiser, a face wash, a cleanser and a toner!!! Big change already! I plan to use all of these products on a regular basis, lets just see how long it lasts....
  • Exercise more: I use to got to the gym but gave up my membership when my exams started, I have recently invested in a workout DVD and have been doing it at least 3 times a week every week. I definitely feel fitter and hopefully as the year continues more toned!
  • Follow my career goal: I applied for university in November to study midwifery. For me there is no other career I can imagine myself doing, I am a caring person and have been interested in health care professions for a long time. I would love to be involved in a women's journey to becoming a mother, to be the person that women turn to during their pregnancy for advice and to get to build this unique bond with women and their families - just some of the reasons why I want to be a midwife! However, midwifery is a highly competitive course with most universities receiving 600+ applications for around 30 places available. As a result the selection process is long. It involves numeracy tests, essay tests, comprehension tests etc followed by interviews and more. I am determined to achieve a place of this course though and I will not give up!

Next month I will do a New Years Resolution update to let you know how I'm getting on!

Have you made resolutions? if so what are they and have you stuck to them so far!?

Amber xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I almost have the same new year's resolutions! I bought a 2013 planner and it's almost still untouched, so the only way for me to constantly use it is to doodle on it! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it's useful for something!
    Hopefully you'll find some occasions to add to your planner at some stage before the year is up :)

    ReplyDelete